#034 - Steal My Blogging System - BS'ing with Brandi
Welcome to BS’ing with Brandi where my mission is to help you #GetShitDone. I'm your host Brandi Good and today we’re going to talk about my blogging system. I’m going to describe to you in detail, how I create my blog from planning to writing to publishing to promotion, and then I want you to steal the entire workflow or at least cherry pick the parts that are going to apply the best to you.
Heads up! This post contains affiliate links, marked with an asterisk. If you sign up through one of those links you won't pay anything extra (sometimes you’ll even get a discount or bonus!), but I'll get a small commission or credit that helps me to keep delivering this awesome free content to you! I only recommend tools that I use and trust. Read my affiliate disclosure here.
Looking for a specific snippet of the podcast but don’t have time to listen to the entire thing again? All of my podcasts are now keyword searchable - type the word(s) you’re looking for and then jump to that spot in the podcast!
And if you are one who doesn’t really want to sit here and frantically take notes, not to fear - every single thing I’m going to talk about today is documented inside my resource library which you can access for exactly zero dollars. All I’m asking for is your email, and I’ll put the signup link for that right in the show notes.
Here are the types of tools & tech you need to think about:
- Blogging platform
- Graphics/stock photos
- Docs for writing
- Task management/content calendar for tracking
Here are the processes you need to consider:
- Planning your topics
- Actually doing the writing
- Creating promotional material (graphics, social media posts, etc.)
Now that you have an idea of what you could include in your system, you need to figure out:
- What tech you’re going to use
- How much time do you have? How long can you spend on each post, and how frequently can you publish?
- Where can you do your braindumping?
- What parts of your process can you batch?
- How are you going to timeblock and manage due dates?
That wraps up today’s episode of BS’ing with Brandi. If you enjoyed this topic, you can find more like it at bsingwithbrandi.com, along with show notes and links to any resources mentioned today. While you’re there, feel free to subscribe to future episodes on the platform of your choice, and I wish you all the best getting shit done this week!
- Resource Library (you’ll be able to find a transcript of this episode in there!)
- All the Places to Find Free Quality Stock Photos for Your Business
- High Quality Stock Photos of People of Color
Want more awesome info like this?